Sunday, January 17, 2016

Division is a choice.

Drew’s Reminder,






     We are all one. Division is a choice.  All religions point to this fact.  Science points to this fact.  Yet we find every reason we cannot fully embrace this fact.  Why is that?  There are too many reasons to list because as individuals we all have our own opinion on the root cause.  As with any opinion they are all debatable.  I’m not here to debate.  I’m here to point out a fact.  We are all one.  Division is a choice. 
    Now don’t get me wrong.  I know the “real world” as we see it.  There are rich people.  There are poor people.  There are mean people.  There are nice people.  There are judgmental people.  There are welcoming people.  There are athletic people.  There are lazy people.  There are handicapped people.  There are people who lack none of their physical senses.  You name it and it exists.  People have their differences.  Yet we are all one.  One nation, one Earth, one Solar System, one Universe.  Embrace that fact.
     By embracing that fact we fully align ourselves with all the universe has to offer.  It is our natural state.  Being divisive is not.  When you align yourself with all the universe has to offer you benefit by becoming more connected.  The more connected you are the more you will realize your expectations and desires.
      Over my life I’ve heard numerous conversations about how the white man did this or the black man did that.  How rich people are like this and how poor people are like that.  As conversation topics to articulate an observation that may be fine.  However, when you start to believe that  “those” people are not one with you, that they are different than you, you run the risk of being divisive yourself. They are people just like you.  They like you have choices.  They have the same power that you have to make choices.  Just as no one can tell you what choices to make, you cannot not know definitively what choices someone else will make.   Therefore don't concentrate on the choices you believe someone else will make.  Focus on what you can control.  You can control your choices.

     I choose to never let someone else take away my power and make me act the way they want me to act.  So if someone calls me a very derogative name that is disrespectful on ever level, I have a choice.  I can get upset and lash back.  I could physically assault that person.  I could get my revenge. Those are all my choices.  Yet I know none of those choices benefit me.  Lashing out at someone does nothing positive for me.  Physically assaulting someone could land me in jail which does nothing positive for me.  Getting revenge does nothing positive for me because it doesn't benefit my life.  It only harms someone else's.  My choice is to keep my mind in a place, that drives the feelings that I desire which leads me to take the actions that will lead to the right results.  It is a difficult challenge at times, however it is always well worth the effort.  

     Remember the formula is and always will be the same.  We have beliefs.  Those beliefs drive our thoughts.  Our thoughts cause our feelings.  Our feelings drive our actions.  Our actions ultimately lead to our results.  We get to choose what results we desire in life.  If you desire to be happy and abundant then you better make sure your beliefs and thoughts will lead you to that state.

     My desire for happiness and abundance is important to me and because of that I'm not going to give anyone else the opportunity to take me off track.  Since we are all one that other person who is trying to take me off track is no different than me. The exception is that they have made choices I am not willing to make.  I cannot control their choices but I can control mine.  My first choice is to look at everyone, man or woman, as one with me.  I do not choose division.  I believe this aligns me with the universe and all it has to offer.  I can only hope that you decide to do the same.  We are all one.  Division is a choice.  Consider yourself reminded and as always, enjoy the journey.


With gratitude,

Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments: