Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The feeling is more important than the...

Drew’s Reminder,


The feeling is more important than the ____?  

     I remember it like it was yesterday.  The summer of 1986 I got what I thought was the greatest gift for my birthday.  It was a pair of Air Jordans that cost $64.  I didn’t come from a silver spoon so a $64 pair of shoes was a big deal in 1986.  At the time I really wanted those shoes.  At least that is what I thought I wanted.  

     I now know what I really wanted was the feeling that I felt walking around in those shoes.  I  felt confident.  I felt secure.  I felt like the man.  That was a long time ago but I’m sure I attracted more things I desired that summer after getting those shoes that I did before receiving those shoes.  That’s because my thoughts were now supercharged with the positive emotions I felt when wearing those shoes.  

     Your thoughts are energy.  When you combine a thought with an emotion that energy becomes so supercharge it acts like a magnet.  It will attract like energy.  That means it will attract the situations, the people, the actions and anything else that corresponds to the thoughts that you have projected.  But I didn’t need those shoes to have those positive emotions.  I wanted to feel confident.  I wanted to feel secure.  I wanted to feel like the man.  What I should have done is concentrated on feeling all of those ways.  

     Here’s why.  What if I wouldn’t have gotten those shoes?  I would have been disappointed.  I would have then added disappointment to my thoughts of not having those shoes.  I would have then attracted more situations, people, actions and anything else that would have corresponded to not having those shoes.  That’s not the cycle I want to be on.  I’d rather be on the cycle of feeling confident, feeling secure, and feeling like the man, which will attract more situations, people, actions or anything else to keep me feeling that way.  

     So that’s why I say it’s more important to concentrate on the feelings that you want than the things that you want.  In the end you just want that thing because it will make you feel a certain way.  Reverse the order and feel that certain way now so you can attract the things you desire.  You control your thoughts and emotions.  By taking control of your thoughts and emotions you stand the best chance of your life becoming everything you want it to be.
     
With gratitude,

Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments: