Monday, February 16, 2015

We cannot teach a person

Drew’s Reminder,




 We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.”
Galileo Galilei

 I read this quote and it immediately connected with me.  It’s the reason I started this blog.  It’s the premise as to why I call it a reminder and not a lesson.  I’m not teaching you anything.  I’m reminding you of what you already know.  It’s inside you.  Everything that we desire is already within us.  For a long time it was hard for me to embrace that fact.  If you are running into the same issue I can relate.  So what got me over my limiting beliefs and allowed me to embrace this fact?  It was gratitude.  

       A good friend of mine and I were researching gifts of appreciation to try and start a business.  I thought the more I could learn about the appreciation the easier it would be to come up with ideas for gifts that show appreciation.  That led me to internet and my go to tool, google.  I’ve always loved the word gratitude.  I’ve never really used it but enjoyed how the Spartans would end their discussions in the movies with “gratitude”.  Every time I would search for information on appreciation I would see the word gratitude.  I then found myself researching gratitude.  All of that led to me purchasing the book “The Magic”, by Rhonda Byrne.   

       The book is a guide to 28 days of expressing gratitude.  The goal of the book is to build a habit and for me it did.  That habit was to see the world through a lens of gratitude.  When you genuinely express gratitude towards something you attract more of it into your life.  The book didn’t teach me anything.  It helped me discover something that was already within me.  I discovered how happy I could really be.  Up until those moments I’d never experience prolonged happiness as I do now.  I know and believe that this is just the beginning.  I know that everything I desire is already within me.  I just needed a reminder to help bring it out.  Whether it takes 28 days or 1 writing of a blog, I know this to be true.  Now I’ve just reminded you of the same.

With gratitude,

Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments: