Monday, March 16, 2015

Celebrate success often….

Drew’s Reminder,


 Celebrate success often….

     Last week I reached my first milestone as a blogger.  I shared my 10th post.  Since I only post once a week that means I’ve stuck to my commitment for 10 weeks straight.  I know it’s not a decade but I’m proud nonetheless.  With a demanding job and a beautiful family to care for I do have to make an effort to take time to gather my thoughts and write these posts.  So the thought of making this milestone made me think, “Hey, I should celebrate this achievement!”

     How many things do we celebrate throughout the year?  Birthdays and anniversaries are usually the norm.  The problem with them is they only come once a year.  If you are into sports you might celebrate a great achievement of your favorite sports team, local or national.  If you are an Atlanta Falcons fan like me then you don’t get to do that too often.  Then there are big milestones like graduations and weddings.  Now you are only talking a few occurrences in a lifetime.  So must of us don’t do a lot of celebrating do we?

      Think about those times that you do celebrate.  Feels good doesn’t it?  Graduations and weddings might make you cry but it is a good cry.  A cry you would do every week if you could.  Birthdays and anniversaries are just fun.  You are spending time with great people who make you feel great.  Celebrating a sporting team’s achievement is just an excuse to party so you know those are exciting.  With all that feel good celebrating why do we not carry that on to other successes in our lives?

     If you are one of those people that do celebrate your successes no matter how large or small then I definitely commend you.  Please share some of your secrets and techniques for getting it done.  I’m sure you are a happy person and you get a lot done.  The more successes you celebrate the more success you have.  Am I right?  I think so and I’m going to put it to test for my own experiences.  I am going to start celebrating as many of my successes as possible.  I want to feel as great as possible.  I welcome you all to join me.  As a matter of fact I’ll be sure to invite you to my 20th post celebration.  It will probably be something simple but it will be a celebration nonetheless.  As long as it feels good then the goal was met.  Now go out and celebrate some success!

With gratitude,

Drew

Update 8/23/15

     It's been 5 months since I wrote this original blog.  In those 5 months I've had plenty of successes but not as many celebrations.  So this blog is a great reminder to me that I need to start celebrating my successes more often.  The reason it is so important to celebrate success is because the celebration actually serves a greater purpose than making you happy.  The celebration actually brings you into a state of gratitude and you may not even realize it.  The reason I say this is because if you celebrate a success you put some thought into the accomplishment that you achieved.  If are truly reflecting on your accomplishment you can't help but at some point feel a sense of gratefulness for being able to accomplish it.  You won't take it for granted that you always achieve the result you desire and therefore you will be grateful that you did this time.  You all know how powerful gratitude is to us.   When you are truly grateful for something you will attract more of it into your life.  Whatever you focus your thoughts on will lead to the results that you are getting in life.  These are facts that none of us can question. 

     I also want to make the point that success is something that you define and no one else.  Do not let the outside world determine what success you should celebrate.  If you had a goal to do 10 push-ups without stopping and you achieve it then you should celebrate.  Do not concern yourself with the fact that a friend of yours can do 200.  If you had a goal to have a great interview by being energetic, confident and poised then you celebrate the fact that you did that after the interview.  It doesn't matter if you haven't heard whether you got the job.  You did what you wanted to do to get the job and therefore you should celebrate.  Don't worry if your friends or family say why are we celebrating and you don't even know if you got the job.  You define your success and you celebrate.  You have to continue to build this wonderful life that you've been granted and you shouldn't sit around waiting.  Do it now because the present is all we have.  


   Lastly I want to leave you with one more reminder.  Celebrations don't have to cost you lots of money or lots of time.  What they do require is a mental focus.  You have to take a mental moment during any celebration to acknowledge why you are celebrating.  That moment, even if it is just for 5 minutes, is the key to the benefits you will receive from celebrating.  Your thoughts are the building blocks to all the success you can ever want in this world.  When you stack those thoughts one by one on top of each other you not only build the foundation for success but you also build the pyramid that connects you to all the riches available in the universe.   You are the ultimate builder in this game of life.  Take that job seriously and construct your immaculate pyramid one thought at a time.  Now once again go out and celebrate some success that I know you have achieved. 


Stay the course and enjoy the journey!


With gratitude,

Drew  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments: